“Let all that you do be done in love.”
Gooooood morning world! Today I’m embarking upon a “30 Day Challenge of Gratitude!” Even if no one else is joining me, this is something I’m doing for myself as well 🙂 I’m writing this from the deck of our back patio, it’s about sixty-maybe 65-degrees. There’s hardly a cloud painted onto the blue canvas of sky and I’m ready to take on the day. I’ve just gotten my son off to school and my daughter is still contently snoozing away. Yup, at 8:30 in the morning my three-year-old is still happily dreaming in la la land. Which makes this mama, very very happy!
Okay so here goes, Day 1:
1) Today I am thankful for my son and I waking up on time so that he could catch the bus to school because I stayed up a little late doing homework and slept past the alarm. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
2) I am thankful for the perfect start to my morning, living in a place where I hear birds chirping, feel the sun shining, breathe in clean air, and I have the opportunity to spot a baby bunny or two before my day begins (they really are quite adorable!) Thank you, thank you, thank you!
3) I am thankful for another day of life, for the air I breathe, for having another day to laugh and grow with my children. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
4) Today I am very, very thankful for English Breakfast Tea! I’m not a big coffee drinker so a cup of tea has just enough zing in it (and by zing I mean caffeine!) to start my day with a little boost. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
5) I am thankful for the peace that comes with my morning mantra of meditation and gratitude. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
In Rhonda Byrne’s book “The Magic” she recommends saying the word “thank you” three times after each listing of gratitude. This is to amplify the feeling of being thankful, after a while it becomes second nature to say it and to feel it. Even if you don’t say it three times afterward, as long as you feel it in your spirit–that’s the most important thing.
I’m off to seize the day! Breakfast, classes and—–holy guacamole!!!!
6) I am very very very very thankful that the Daddy-Long-Leg I just spotted walked entirely around me instead of onto me. I don’t do spiders…even if they’re one of my totems. I prefer to see them from a distance, thank you very much!!!
Make the most of your day today and have fun doing it! I know I will 🙂